James routinely counsels on leading-edge deals relating to venture financing, token vetting, protocol/governance/DAO treasury design, minting, licensing/royalty structures and enforcement, consortium blockchain integrations, and SEC regulatory compliance.
Engagements have included:
- Fortune NFTy 50 NFT creators and blockchain venture funds in venture financing transactions;
- Cable networks, global food and fashion brands, international super car manufacturers, and internationally acclaimed artists in NFT development, minting, custody, and platform partnership agreements;
- NFL, NBA, and MLS teams in connection with crypto sponsorships
- DAOs and blockchain game developers in connection with token protocols and governance
- Cryptocurrency payment processors
- Numerous private blockchain implementations.
Aside from his 20+ years of legal experience at the intersection of corporate securities and intellectual property law, James has served as the CEO of a global consumer brand, an operating partner for venture capital funds in the US and UK, and the head of strategy of one of the country’s most revered investment advisory firms. His command of deal dynamics reaches far beyond legal issues and deep into the strategic, operational and financial layers of his clients’ businesses.
Life Beyond the Law
James is an avid competitive gamer (in spirit, at least), a failed yogi (but still trying), and a devourer of ancient history and science fiction.